The big issue with common rail systems
The major causes of common rail diesel problems are:
- Bad fuel
- Water Contamination
- Poor filtration maintenance
You may ask if any combination of filter and fuel will stop, or avoid these problems.
But it can make the problems easier, and less expensive to deal with and repair.
Key to damage prevention
The right filtration is the key to preventing damage to common rail system components.
Any effective filtration system needs to properly filter the fuel at each step of the injection process. It also needs to keep water out of the fuel system. So the right filtration design and good maintenance is important to keeping your injection and combustion system running well.
To keep smaller particles and water out, a water separator on the delivery side is essential.
So what can you do to avoid potentially expensive fuel system issues?
Filter properly. Filter often. And drive your beast regularly!
Also keep in mind that the wrong filter kits can lead to injector damage.
Stanadyne 2 Micron Filter Kits
Protect your fuel system from contamination, dirt, and water with a Stanadyne 2 Micron Filter Kit.
Our range of custom filter kits are two-micron filter kits, with inbuilt water traps designed to be placed after the factory filter. This way, the factory filter will do its job to keep out most dirt, water, and contamination.
Then the filter and water traps come into play to filter out what gets through afterwards: the 2 micron filter won’t get clogged up so quickly (will last longer), and the inbuilt water traps works even after the factory water warning light has gone off.
With a Stanadyne Fuel Manager Kit, you get:
- Extra water trapping (after the factory warning)
- Better fuel filtration
- Higher flow per hour rate
So you have a lot less junk passing through your injectors, making it last longer before you have to replace them.
Had my car done by these fellas. I couldn't fault them or their work. Very professional. And couldn't be happier with my results with my cruiser. Cheers fellas. - Ben Winther
Why are 2 micron filters used rather than the 8 to 5 micron filter assembly for the factory filter?
On average, injectors have internal clearances of approximately 3 microns - so having 8 or 6 microns worth of particles flowing through isn’t ideal.
Should I put on primary or secondary kit? Will 2 micron filter restrict my fuel flow?
You’re not alone if you’re wondering whether a 2 micron final filter will cause restriction in a common rail fuel system compared to a 30 micron.
The results speak for themselves in this test done by one of Australia's biggest diesel specialists Diesel Care Australia. Watch the test on YouTube.
Why do I need the water trap when the standard filter comes with a factory water warning?
By the time the warning light appears, your filter will be at its water trapping capacity. This means it’s too late. Having an additional water trap is like having insurance - a back up plan.
Why is the flow rate of my fuel filter important?
The higher flow rate means your filter will last longer as it won’t clog up as quickly. Stanadyne Fuel Manager kits have 300 litres flow per hour (rather than the average 125 litre flow per hour). This rate of flow works well with a 2 micron filter.
Stanadyne diesel filter kits available
Filter kits include
- Universal 2 micron Secondary Filter Element Assembly
- Universal 2 Micron Filter Kit (No Bracket)
- 2 micron Element Assembly Replacement Filter
Contact us for a complete range of diesel filter kits for vehicles such as:
- Toyota Prado 120-150 series dual battery
- Toyota Prado 150 single battery
- Mitsubishi Triton 2.5L & 3.2L 4D56 / 4M41
- Mazda BT50
- Nissan Patrol ZD30, TD42
- Nissan Navara D22, Nissan Pathfinder D40
- Toyota Landcruiser 70 series fitted with 1 or 2 battery
- Toyota Landcruiser 200 series
- Toyota Hilux & Fortuner 2.8L 2016 >
- Toyota Hilux 1KD
- Holden Colorado & Rodeo / Isuzu Dmax 4JJ1 3.0L, 2.8L
- Ford Ranger & Everest 2.0L, 2.2L & 3.2L, 3.0L
- Filter replacement
- Advice on tools and equipment for DIY work
- ECU Remapping
- Warranty service
What to expect
- Friendly professional staff for advice and support
- Quality filter kits for many makes and models
- Fuel system protection from dirt, contamination, and water
- Minimum 12 months or 20,000 km warranty